The Center for the Study of Law and Religion at Emory University is hiring a Digital Scholarship Fellow to lead the Center’s development of innovative digital scholarship tools for research, scholarly collaboration, publication, dissemination, and pedagogy. The Center for the Study of Law and Religion is a global leader in the field of law and religion. Founded at Emory University in 1982, the Center’s mission is to produce and promote path-breaking scholarship, teaching, and public programs on the interaction of law and religion around the world. To fulfill this mission, the Center offers six degree programs and dozens of courses, edits three book series and the Journal of Law and Religion, and runs international and interdisciplinary research projects. To learn more about the Center, visit https://cslr.law.emory.edu. To apply, visit https://faculty-emory.icims.com/jobs/26839/job. Job Description The Digital Scholarship Fellow leads the Center for the Study of Law and Religion’s development of innovative digital scholarship tools for research, scholarly collaboration, publication of research, dissemination of research, and pedagogy. The Fellow is responsible for maintaining and improving the Center’s current online platforms, including the Center’s website and social media; researching and introducing new developments and best practices in digital scholarship to the Center; collaborating with Center leadership to incorporate digital scholarship into the Center’s scholarly initiatives; and collaborating with faculty teaching in law and religion to incorporate digital scholarship into classroom pedagogy. The Digital Scholarship Fellow will report to the Managing Director. This is a three-year fellowship with renewal and promotion subject to review of the position and performance after year two. Position Duties
- Maintain the Center’s current online platforms including website maintenance and posting of new content to the website; distribution of email communication; and social media communications.
- Develop and implement a digital communications strategy for the Center, to include an audit and proposals for use of social media, email communications, and the Center website.
- Research and propose new tools or methods for accomplishing the Center’s goals of promoting research, disseminating scholarship, and building collaborative academic conversations in law and religion.
- Consult with Center leadership, including focus area leaders, to identify possibilities for digital scholarship during the development of new initiatives and projects.
- Collaborate with teaching faculty to incorporate digital scholarship into the classroom.
- Serve as a resource for affiliated scholars interested in developing digital scholarship tools for research, publication, or pedagogy.
- Engage with the Center for Digital Scholarship and other Emory University units to leverage the resources for digital scholarship available at Emory University.
- Attend professional conferences and meetings on digital scholarship and digital humanities.
- May teach or co-teach courses.
- May publish scholarly or popular manuscripts on innovations, best practices, and developments in digital scholarship.
- JD, PhD, or equivalent degree in a field related to the Center’s scholarship, such as legal studies, religious studies, theology, political science, or philosophy.
- Demonstrated engagement with academic scholarship through publications or academic presentations.
- Knowledge and experience in developing or maintaining a website.
- Knowledge and experience in using social media platforms.
- Knowledge and experience in the area of digital scholarship or digital humanities.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technologies and software programs.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with a team of professional staff and faculty.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Proven ability to secure project-based grant funding.
- Prior experience with Cascade CMS, Salesforce CRM, and/or email marketing software.
Posting is scheduled to close Nov. 23, 2018 To apply, visit https://faculty-emory.icims.com/jobs/26839/job.
- Classroom or online teaching experience.